Sunday, January 31, 2016

Rest and Recovery

I felt better than I looked...

Nine days ago today I had some surgery, and have spent this past week resting and recovering. Recovery has been easy and I've had no pain. Each day is better than the last and I'm ready to get back to normal. 

A little too ready, I guess. I had my first post-op check up on Thursday, and was so glad to get out of the house that I was good with going out to lunch and doing a little shopping while we were in Lincoln. Then on Friday, it was such a nice day that I went along with Greg to drop Silas at preschool and run some errands. Then yesterday I did a little cooking and kitchen work. 
Oy.
Today is a literal day of rest for me. I'm shuffling around the house like I'm 115 years old and it is not bothering me to watch everyone else do everything. While I am no stranger to sitting in my chair looking at Pinterest for a few hours on the weekend, this is different. So, I am listening to my body (with the doctor's orders ringing in my ears) and taking a few more days off. 











1 comment:

  1. Yes, that was definitely way too much and way too soon after your surgery! You don't want to have a setback. Please get lots of rest!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing!